List of Universities in Marshall Islands
List of Universities in Marshall Islands :
|1||College of the Marshall Islands||Address :|
PO Box 1258
Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands
+692 625 3394
College of the Marshall Islands :
The College of the Marshall Islands (CMI) is a public community college located in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Here are some key points about CMI Universities in Marshall Islands:
- Location: CMI is situated in the capital city of the Marshall Islands, Majuro. It serves as the primary institution of higher education in the country.
- History: The College of the Marshall Islands was established in 1989 as a successor to the University of the South Pacific’s (USP) extension center in Majuro. It was created to provide accessible higher education and vocational training to the people of the Marshall Islands.
- Mission: CMI’s mission is to offer quality education, training, and workforce development programs to empower individuals and communities in the Marshall Islands. The college seeks to enhance the economic, social, and cultural development of the nation.
- Academic Programs: CMI offers a variety of academic and vocational programs, including associate degree programs, certificate programs, and workforce training. These programs cover a wide range of fields, including business, education, health, maritime studies, liberal arts, and more.
- Accreditation: The College of the Marshall Islands is accreditation ensures that the college meets certain academic standards and provides quality education.
- Community Engagement: CMI is actively involved in community engagement and development efforts in the Marshall Islands. The college collaborates with local organizations and government agencies to address various social and economic challenges facing the nation.
- Cultural Preservation: Given its location in the Pacific Islands, CMI also plays a role in preserving and promoting the cultural heritage of the Marshall Islands. This includes offering courses and programs that celebrate and teach traditional Marshallese culture and practices.
- Student Life: CMI has a diverse student body and offers a range of student support services, clubs, and organizations. Students have opportunities to engage in extracurricular activities and leadership development.
- Financial Aid: The college provides financial aid options to eligible students to make education more affordable. This includes scholarships, grants, and other assistance programs.
- International Partnerships: CMI has established partnerships with various international organizations and educational institutions to enhance educational opportunities and resources for its students.
College of the Marshall Islands known for & What degrees are offered?
The College of the Marshall Islands (CMI) is known for its commitment to providing accessible higher education and vocational training to the people of the Marshall Islands. Here are some key aspects for which CMI is known:
- Education Access: CMI is the primary institution of higher education in the Marshall Islands and plays a vital role in making education accessible to the local population. It serves as a stepping stone for individuals seeking to improve their academic and vocational skills.
- Workforce Development: The college places a strong emphasis on workforce development programs, aligning its curriculum with the needs of the local job market. This helps prepare students for employment and contributes to the economic development of the nation.
- Cultural Preservation: CMI is known for its efforts to preserve and promote Marshallese culture and traditions. This includes offering courses and programs that celebrate and teach traditional Marshallese practices and values.
- Community Engagement: The college is actively involved in community engagement and development efforts, working closely with local organizations and government agencies to address social and economic challenges within the Marshall Islands.
As for the degrees and programs offered at CMI, the college typically provides a range of academic and vocational programs, including:
- Associate Degrees: CMI offers associate degree programs in various fields such as business, education, health, liberal arts, and maritime studies. These programs usually require two years of study and provide students with a solid foundation in their chosen field.
- Certificate Programs: In addition to associate degrees, CMI often offers certificate programs that allow students to gain specialized skills and credentials in a shorter timeframe. These programs are particularly useful for those seeking to enter the workforce quickly.
- Workforce Training: CMI is known for its workforce training programs that provide practical skills and training for specific job roles. These programs are designed to meet the needs of local employers and industries.
- Continuing Education: The college may also offer continuing education and professional development courses for individuals looking to enhance their skills or knowledge in a particular area.
As one of the world’s last pristine island hideaways, The Marshall Islands offers a true Robinson Crusoe-style experience with beautifully untouched land and seascapes. Visitors can look forward to lagoons, rainforests and reef systems that are teeming with life, while also enjoying renovated resorts, small private islands and memorable tours throughout remote atolls. With a new international airport that welcomed its first flight in 2017, you can easily explore all areas of this truly unspoiled paradise.
- 11 coral atolls
- 35 inhabited islands
- Malénébwēl listed as an UNESCO World Heritage site
- Explore uncrowded beaches and vibrant coral reefs full of diverse marine life. See iconic landmarks like Bikini Atoll shipwrecks or take part in cultural tours to understand traditional Marshallese way of life.
- Enjoy a unique mix of adventure activities such as fishing, kite skiing and diving along with leisurely activities like bird watching, birding trails and beach walking.
- Have access to tranquil villas on secluded private islands or stay in luxurious city resorts that offer everything from sun loungers to kayaks for guests to use free of charge.
College of the Marshall Islands (CMI) is an accredited higher education institution in Majuro, the capital city of the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Established in 1993 to offer opportunity and access to tertiary educational programs that are affordable, relevant, and available throughout the Pacific region, CMI has grown into one of the region’s most popular colleges providing over 25 Associate Degrees and Certificate Programs.
At CMI, we focus on encouraging students to develop their academic potential through research-based learning; developing strong leadership skills; promoting ethical behaviour; and engaging in cultural exchanges across our international student body. Features of Universities in Marshall Islands:
- Over 25 Associate Degrees and Certificate Programs
- Global exchange opportunities with partner universities
- Affordable tuition fees for international students
- Excellent Student Support Services from Admissions to Career Guidance
- Expert Faculty Faculty from around the globe
- Benefit from a diverse educational environment that promotes equity , inclusion and collaboration.
- Gain access to exceptional state of the art facilities on campus such as our library, computer labs, classrooms, recreational centers and well equipped housing units
- Receive top quality instruction delivered by experienced faculty members who will help nurture your academic excellence.
- Fully prepare yourself to become an industry leader by participating in extracurricular activities such as sports clubs, debate team or theatre group while experiencing community service initiatives
See More University